Getting inspiration



Getting inspiration from the Edpuzzle activity created by Alicia and published on her blog, I’ve decided to create a new task, based on the same video she used (https://alicerof.blogspot.com/2020/03/ )        

 I think the video in itself could be quite appealing to my students, given the topic it deals with and also its authenticity. So, to start with, I’d make my students brainstorm on the concept of “bullying”, eliciting their answers and trying to detect any possible wrong ideas or misconceptions. Then, I’d ask my students to listen to the song by Bars & Melody, and making use of Edpuzzle, to answer some comprehension questions related to its lyrics. Finally, I’d make my students do some research on the treatment and handling of bullying situations in schools located in different English-speaking countries, thus raising awareness of the need for measures to be taken to combat this social problem.      

Comentarios

  1. Hello, María J.!!
    I have really enjoyed reading your blog!!, I love its outer appearance and also the activities that you have proposed. I seems to me that we understand teaching English in quite the same way as I do.
    I loved your timeline activity because I love literature in English and having it in my classes (I teach secondary, bachillerato and FPB) is quite difficult, but I think using timelines is a good idea, at least they can be used for general overviews.
    Just one little thing to improve: try to explain better the activities proposed from the course, so that people who visit your blog who don't belong to it, will be able to wholly understand what you are talking about. Great work!
    Ana García Álvarez de Perea

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Reflecting on my Reading Habits

A Genial Approach to Speaking Practice through the Use of Genial.ly